Application For Employement
Now accepting applications for various positions: Clerk, cashiers, grocery stock, produce, food service, deli, bakery. Fry/Line Cooks Meat Cutters Apply in person – At any location Complete an application of employment in store, interviews will be done at a later date.
- 5016 West Esplanade Ave., Metairie
- 135 Robert E. Lee Blvd., New Orleans
- 8115 S. Claiborne Ave., New Orleans
- 7355 Highland Road, Baton Rouge
Positions are part time
- Greet all customers and provide prompt, friendly, and enthusiastic service.
- Go above and beyond to satisfy any request for assistance from customers, co-associates and management.
- Be a vital component of the success of the company by striving for success to the best of your ability input, creativity and responsibility are expected of all.
- Actively support store leadership to meet or exceed goals set for department.
- Contribute to a loyal, satisfied customer base by ensuring customers find fresh, attractively displayed products and attentive, dedicated associates who are always willing to help.
- Ensure displays are always fresh and full of accurately labeled and priced product.
- Properly handle, prepare, price and display product in accordance with Robert’s policies and procedures.
- Be an expert on the wide variety of products offered by Robert fresh market and learn about uncommon and unique items.
- Verify quality and freshness of deliveries. identify and properly dispose of items that do not meet Robert’s standards.
- Monitor prices and signage for accuracy.
- Prevent shrink, damage, and spoilage of product.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Keep store clean, neat, and free of safety hazards.
- Observe all rules and policies of Robert Fresh Market, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensure customer requests and complaints are handled promptly and courteously.
- Practice safe use of all equipment and ensure proper maintenance.
- Follow all security standards and procedures.
- Perform other duties throughout the store as directed.
- Be willing to constantly and consistently provide excellent customer service and be friendly, courteous and tactful when dealing with customers, vendors, and co-associates.
- Be responsible for store safety and adhere to Robert’s commitment to safety.
- Be able to perform basic math calculations and have knowledge of weights and measures.
- Have effective English language communication skills, be able to hear, speak, and understand verbal requests, and be able to read, write, and understand written communications proficiently.
- Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are necessary.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the proper use of all computers, handheld devices, and mechanical equipment necessary to your job.
- Have the ability to stand and walk for five hours without a break. be able to bend and stoop to move objects and climb ladders. Be able to lift moderate to heavy loads and to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks.
- Must be able to operate job related equipment such as scales, hand trucks, etc.
- Be able to work in hot, cold and/or damp conditions such as near ovens or in refrigerated coolers.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds, unassisted
- Frequent repetitive motion with hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, frequent twisting at waist.
- Be able to tolerate environmental ex poser: Damp/humid to dry;Temperature variations from hot to cold.
- Work on a variety of floor surfaces including tile, concrete, poured non slip surfaces, etc.
- Be able to tolerate moderate amounts of dust, gas fumes and chemicals from common cleaning agents such as ammonia during routine housekeeping duties.
- Be able to work with fresh fruits and vegetables, house plants and flowers without negative allergic consequences.
- Be able to tolerate occasional increase in noise levels in the work environment due to use of power equipment and truck engines.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. associates may be asked to complete other tasks as assigned or deemed necessary. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with special needs. Robert Fresh Market reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require associates perform other tasks as circumstances change.
Careers at Robert Fresh Market
Experience the exciting, fast paced world of the grocery industry. Come grow with us as we rebuild and expand. We are currently seeking associates to staff multiple locations both in Metairie and New Orleans, Louisiana. We are entering an exciting time of expansion and rebuilding locations this year and next. Robert Fresh Market is a New Orleans based grocer that operates its family orientated business from a customer responsive point of view, offering the best possible service and satisfaction for both our associates and customers. We strive to offer the best and freshest full service, prepared food grocery in our neighborhoods. We are looking for hard working, self starting, and dependable associates who are interested in satisfying customers with a smile and have an eagerness to learn and grow. We offer competitive pay, paid personal time, free lunch, flexible schedules, 401k retirement plan, health insurance, dental/vision insurance, paid life insurance, and paid ltd insurance to qualified associates. Experience in the grocery industry is helpful but not necessary.