RECIPE: Ultimate Creole BLT
DO YOU SPEAK CREOLE? | BAKERY DEPARTMENT
- 8 - 3/4” thick slices Creole tomatoes
- 1 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp red balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 slices Applewood smoked bacon 1/4” thick
- 1/2 cup strips red onion, julienned
- 2 tbsp creole mayonnaise
- 4 - 1/2” thick slices Robért’s Rustic Sourdough
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/4” thick slices
- 2 cups butter lettuce leaves • Softened butter for toast
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 2 tsp chopped tarragon
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place tomato slices on a tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
Lay bacon on a baking sheet, and season with a generous amount of black pepper. Brush some of the juices from the seasoned tomatoes onto the bacon and top with red onions. Roast the bacon until golden brown and fat has rendered, about 20 minutes.
Spread butter on one side of each slice of sourdough. Place under broiler to toast one side only.
Spread mayonnaise on untoasted sides of the sourdough. Top each with 3 slices bacon and onions. Reserve bacon drippings. Season avocado with salt and pepper, and place on top of bacon. Follow with 2 marinated tomato slices.
In a separate bowl, toss the lettuce and tarragon with a small amount of the bacon drippings and season with salt and pepper. Top sandwiches with the salad and serve warm.