Recipe: Crabmeat Oscar
- 1 1 ¼ inch Porterhouse steak, about 1 ½ lbs
- ½ lbs fresh white lump crabmeat
- 1 lbs fresh asparagus
- ½ tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 envelope béarnaise sauce mix
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp butter
- Prepare béarnaise sauce according to package directions.
- While preparing the béarnaise sauce, place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan with at least an inch of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until the asparagus is tender but still crisp.
- In a large skillet, sauté the crabmeat in butter for 3-4 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Add garlic and cook for one minute, add lemon juice and keep warm.
- Grill steaks at high heat; 6 minutes on one side then 4 on the other or until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees, (medium rare).
- Top with crab mixture, asparagus and béarnaise sauce, sprinkle with paprika and serve.