RECIPE: Creole Tomato Salad
CREOLE TOMATOES 2016 | PRODUCE DEPARTMENT
- 3 Creole tomatoes cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
To prepare, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and serve at room temperature.