RECIPE: Fried Green Creole Tomato BLT with Robért’s Remoulade
CREOLE TOMATOES 2016 | FOOD SERVICE DEPARTMENT
- 2 large green Creole tomatoes cut into 4 slices each
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 1 cup Robért’s remoulade sauce
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- French bread, cut into 2 10” loaves then sliced in half
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup water (mix with eggs)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Frying oil
Gather all ingredients and prep according to directions. Set up breading station in 3 separate dishes: 1 with flour, 1 with bread crumbs and 1 with egg wash. Bread tomatoes starting with flour, then dip into egg wash, then cover with bread crumbs. Fry tomatoes in oil heated to 350 degrees until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
Build your sandwich by placing fried tomatoes on bread. Top with bacon, remoulade sauce and lettuce, then with bread.