Recipe: ‘The Cajun Bacon Smokey’ Grilled Cheese Month
GRILLED CHEESE MONTH 2016 | DEPARTMENT RECIPE CONTEST | MEAT & SEAFOOD
- 4 slices in-house Cajun smoked turkey
- 6 slices Signature smoked gouda
- 2 slices our own sourdough bread
- 4 slices Applewood smoked bacon, cooked
- 2 slices Creole tomatoes
- 2 oz baby arugula
- 4 slices Haas avocado
- Salted butter, softened
Preheat a skillet to medium to low heat. Place 1 tbsp butter into the skillet and allow to melt. Butter two slices of sourdough bread. Place both slices of sourdough bread on the skillet. Place 3 slices of smoked gouda, 2 slices of smoked turkey, 2 slices of bacon, 1 slice of tomato, 2 slices of avocado and 1 oz of arugula on each piece of bread.
Cook for to 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Using a spatula, carefully lift one of the sandwich halves and stack on top of the other. Gently press the sandwich on the grill, then flip and cook for 2 additional minutes.
* Pair with Aventinus beer and sliced honeycrisp apples.