Recipe: ‘The Italian Stallion’ Grilled Cheese Month
GRILLED CHEESE MONTH 2016 | DEPARTMENT RECIPE CONTEST | BAKERY
- 2 slices our own rustic rosemary olive oil bread
- 4 tsp fresh pesto (Find pre-made fresh pesto in the dairy department or pasta aisle)
- 2 thin slices fresh Belgioioso mozzarella
- 4 thin slices Fontina cheese
- Shaved Belgioioso Parmesan cheese
- 2 thin slices heirloom or creole tomatoes
- In-house Italian baked chicken breast, taken off bone and sliced on a bias
- Salted butter, softened
Cut 2 slices bread. Butter one side of each slice.
On the opposite side, spread 2 tsp pesto. Heat a nonstick skillet to medium. Place 1 piece of bread butter side down in skillet. Top with Fontina, chicken, Parmesan, tomatoes and mozzarella. Top with the other piece of bread, butter side up.
Turn heat down slightly and cover skillet. Allow cheese to melt for 2 minutes. Turn heat to medium. Flip and repeat until cheese is melted and bread is golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
* Pair with Sweetwater 420, Steelhead Extra Pale Ale or New Belgium Hoppy Blonde.